Updated: April 18, 2021
The new Ontario government Stay-at-Home order has been extended to May 20.
Dental offices are considered essential services and will continue to operate under strict regulated protocols.
We are continuing to follow clinical guidelines set out by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
Below are some of the systems that are in place at Prosthodontics on Chamberlain:
1. Pre-Appointment Screening Process -telephone pre-screening during appointment confirmation
2. Patients are requested to stay in their automobile upon arrival. Please check-in by cellphone
2. In-Office Patient Registration Procedures -we request that each patient enter the practice with their own mask
-hand-sanitizer is available and requested for use
-completion of a COVID-19 screening questionnaire
-body temperature measurement
3. Reception Area -reorganization of reception and waiting areas for physical distancing
-introduction of protective protocols (hand-sanitizing stations, plastic cough barriers,...)
-HEPA/UV-C air purification throughout the office
4. Clinical Area Preparations -new protective protocols for dental treatment procedures
-staff training for usage of additional PPE
-HEPA/UV-C air purification in each operatory
5. Staff Protection Strategies -includes daily screening log and body temperature of each employee for COVID-19
-protective PPE and hand hygiene protocol policies throughout the office
We want to assure you we are doing everything possible to ensure your safety while at our office. We greatly appreciate your patience during this difficult time.
Dr. Stewart Hum, Dr. Maiko Sakai and Staff