Last updated April 20, 2020
Prosthodontics on Chamberlain wants to keep you informed of our practice during the COVID-19 crisis.
1. Our office will be closed effective March 16 until indefinitely, perhaps May-June. This closure was in response to the strong recommendation from the Royal College Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Ontario Dental Association. Ultimately, we want to help protect our patient, staff and community.
2. Dentists at this time are requested to only manage dental emergencies involving oral-facial trauma, significant infection, prolonged bleeding or pain which cannot be managed by over-the-counter medications. We are therefore limited to resolving the dental problems that will arise.
3. We have also been advised to cease all non-essential and elective dental services. Only emergency treatment can be provided and only under specific circumstances.
4. For those patients that are currently in active care, we urge you to be careful with any temporary restorations. Continue to practice good oral hygiene and gentle eating until we can see you again.
We will try to address your concerns by phone if you have been registered at our specialty office. You can try to contact your referring or general dental office if you have not been treated or consulted at our office.
Each dental emergency will be managed on a case-by-case situation. Your dental situation may need to be managed with medication and we can order a prescription to a local pharmacy.
Unfortunately with the risks involved with this Coronavirus, we need to be cautious with any individuals that may or may not be infected. Those that have tested positive for Coronavirus and currently show symptoms of the disease will need special circumstances for dental treatment.
We have rescheduled all appointments for the weeks of March 23 to mid-April due to office closure. We will determine if more appointment changes are necessary depending on the status of the COVID-19.
Our receptionist will contact those with upcoming scheduled appointments on a weekly basis to adjust your visit until the crisis is stablized. We apologize for the inconvenience but feel it important to keep connected.
We will be checking our email and phone messages remotely on a regular basis. You can still contact the phone numbers listed below if you have an emergency situation.
1. If you have not been seen at our office yet. Please contact your general or referring dentist.
2. Our regular patients -contact Dr. Stewart Hum at 613-736-0086
-contact Dr. Maiko Sakai at 613-986-4870
3. or contact the Ottawa Dental Emergency Service 613-523-4815
4. We will routinely check our office phone (613-233-2787) and email messages (firstname.lastname@example.org) and respond as quickly as possible.
We are striving to maximize a safe and healthy environment at our office. We encourage you to continue with washing your hands regularly, practice social distancing and stay at home. We understand that all of you are facing many difficulties on a daily basis. However, we will pass through this storm at some point and see better days.
We hope that you and your friends and family are in a safe and healthy situation.
Dr. Stewart Hum, Dr. Maiko Sakai and staff